- NO. OF PAGES: 47
- NO. OF DATA POINTS (GRAPHS AND TABLES): 38
- FORMAT: PDF
- LICENSE: CORPORATE
- DATE OF PUBLICATION: Q1 2018
Country Report to 2022
Contents of the report:
1.0 The Basic Facts
- Macroeconomic Considerations
- Cement Market Size and past growth
- Products by type
- End users
- Vertical integration
- Distribution chain
- International trade
- Supply characteristics
- Cement plants data / map
- Regional v national
2.0 The Analysis - Market Characteristics
- Demand Considerations
- Reality Check: need, capability and funding
- Further Reality Check: per capita, Cement Economic Curve
- Supply – demand balance considerations, S-D balance and DCUF™
- International Trading Assessment Matrix (ITAM™)
- Industry Structure and Dynamics (ISD™)
- Nature of Market Participants
- Consolidation Index
- Industry Cost Structure and Dynamics including industry profitability and cost escalation forecasts
- Licence to Operate Considerations
3.0 General Considerations and Conclusions
- Supply – demand balance
- Propensity and ability to export
- Industry profitability
- License to operate
4.0 Our Ranking Tool (CBRRT™)
- Overall market attractiveness assessment
Kuwait experiences a favourable supply – demand balance, lack of raw materials and significant imports.
Kuwait, unlike many other markets in the region, requires importing significant volumes of cement going forward. The capability of the market to do so may be limited and this might lead to a supply restrained growth pattern. Price caps and other government interference impacts on the industry profitability.
The stance of the government going forward will be pivotal in the future development of this industry.
Our proprietary analytical tools:
Domestic Capacity Utilisation Factor - DCUF™ - Propensity to export / import.
International Trading Assessment Matrix - ITAM™, Capability to export / import.
Capacity Concentration Balance Index (CCBI™). CCBI™ assesses the potential of each cement plant’s theoretical sales to each statistically available region of a national market, taking into account the plant’s capacity and proximity to consumption centres.
Micro-Market Attractiveness Matrix (MAM™). MAM™ examines statistically available regions for their existing and potential growth prospects.
Industry Structure and Dynamics - ISD™ - Nature of Participants, Consolidation Index, Cost Structure and Industry Profitability.
CemBR Ranking Tool - CemBRRT™ - Overall Market Attractiveness Assessment