- NO. OF PAGES: 46
- NO. OF DATA POINTS (GRAPHS AND TABLES): 36
- FORMAT: PDF
- LICENSE: CORPORATE
- DATE OF PUBLICATION: Q1 2018
Country Report to 2022
Contents of the report:
1.0 The Basic Facts
- Macroeconomic Considerations
- Cement Market Size and past growth
- Products by type
- End users
- Vertical integration
- Distribution chain
- International trade
- Supply characteristics
- Cement plants data / map
- Regional v national
2.0 The Analysis - Market Characteristics
- Demand Considerations
- Reality Check: need, capability and funding
- Further Reality Check: per capita, Cement Economic Curve
- Supply – demand balance considerations, S-D balance and DCUF™
- International Trading Assessment Matrix (ITAM™)
- Industry Structure and Dynamics (ISD™)
- Nature of Market Participants
- Consolidation Index
- Industry Cost Structure and Dynamics including industry profitability and cost escalation forecasts
- Licence to Operate Considerations
3.0 General Considerations and Conclusions
- Supply – demand balance
- Propensity and ability to export
- Industry profitability
- License to operate
4.0 Our Ranking Tool (CBRRT™)
- Overall market attractiveness assessment
Algeria’s cement industry has several characteristics which define an esoteric nature. The direct involvement of the government in the sector coupled with the various levels of interference ranging from price caps to significant energy subsidies and controlling of imports characterise this market.
Algeria is switching from a “sponge” of cement to an excess capacity industry, affecting the whole of the Mediterranean rim region.
Industry profitability although currently at very high levels, may be under pressure going forward depending on pricing in the market (likely to experience downward pressures due to developing overcapacity) and the removal or maintenance of energy subsidies by the government. In this light, Algeria exhibits a higher risk profile in the next five years.
Our proprietary analytical tools:
Domestic Capacity Utilisation Factor - DCUF™ - Propensity to export / import.
International Trading Assessment Matrix - ITAM™, Capability to export / import.
Capacity Concentration Balance Index (CCBI™). CCBI™ assesses the potential of each cement plant’s theoretical sales to each statistically available region of a national market, taking into account the plant’s capacity and proximity to consumption centres.
Micro-Market Attractiveness Matrix (MAM™). MAM™ examines statistically available regions for their existing and potential growth prospects.
Industry Structure and Dynamics - ISD™ - Nature of Participants, Consolidation Index, Cost Structure and Industry Profitability.
CemBR Ranking Tool - CemBRRT™ - Overall Market Attractiveness Assessment